John,

Daddy Google helped confirming that it's a myth.
See, e.g. here a very nice discussion:
http://spiders.ucr.edu/daddylonglegs.html

Cheers,

Igor

 John Fri, 19 Jan 2018 15:01:57 -0800 wrote:

I read somewhere that they have the most potent venom of any spiders in the world, but pose no danger to humans because their mouth parts are so small they can't bite large mammals.