Sorry to hear that, John. Such it is.

BTW: All of the Nikon medium format scanners were equipped only with FireWire
to the best of my knowledge. At the time they were made, USB was considered to
simply not have the consistent performance required for the data volume they
move. That's changed over the years since, of course, but all the great Nikon
scanners are long discontinued now.

—
No matter where you go, there you are.