Also no problems with 58.0.2 on Win 10.  Maybe the problem lies with the search engine.  Do you get the same response browsing to other sites?

-p

On 2/16/2018 4:22 PM, John wrote:
On 2/16/2018 15:02, Bulent Celasun wrote:
I use Firefox 58.0.2 without problems... on Linux.

Are you sure it is Firefox and not some malware?

It may be malware, but if so Firefox 58.0.2 *is* the malware that is causing the problem.

I use an anonymizing search engine for my home page.

Every time I tried to search I got a popup from 58.0.2 telling me that some web-page was slowing down Firefox, asking if I wanted to [stop it] or [wait].

Selecting [stop it] closed my home page. Selecting [wait] caused the popup to reappear. Selecting the X to close the popup also caused the popup to reappear.

I had to close this popup repeatedly before I could get search results.

If I tried to click on any of the search results I got that same popup warning and again had to close it several times before the new page would load.

If I kept the tab with my homepage open any link that I tried to follow from any other tab caused the same popup behavior.

There doesn't appear to be any way to turn this particular popup OFF.

--
Paul Sorenson
Studio1941

Sooner or later "different" scares people.