It is amazing how well that camouflage hides the cat in the 2nd photo. The legs and the tail seem to disappear.
Gorgeous animals!

Wonderful catch!

After looking at your photos and reading your story, I thought that "exotic" is very relative.
In our neighborhood we frequently get deers roaming along and across
the road. In my very urban childhood, that would've been rather exotic.

Igor