From what I've read, the answers to your questions are "yes" and "yes".
(Joe, in his message below was mentioning "ISO 819,200")

The upgrade seems to bring K1 up to the full equivalent of Mark-II.

Igor

 John Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:10:02 -0800 wrote:

The Pentax KP had a high ISO of 819,200. Two steps below that would be
204,800; four steps is 51, 200. Two-four steps means usable high ISO
starts where the K3 maxes out and extends to where the K-1 maxes out.

How high is the k-1ii announced as going? Will it have the same range
as the KP?

Will the "upgraded" K-1 have the same max ISO as the K-1ii.