That's why I'm considering going the Hackintosh route; let OS X be the
emulator.

OTOH, Windows7 may not be quite that dead. There are a lot of Government
systems out there running Windows7; even some still running XP. That's a
BIG chunk of the market to just cut yourself off from.

And maybe before I have to make a change someone will write a better
image editing software program for Linux.

As Scarlet O'hara says, "Fiddle dee dee, I'll worry about that tomorrow."