On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 08:33:42AM -0400, John wrote:
> On 3/23/2018 18:02, John Francis wrote:

> > > Already knew that, but Flickr seems to have the least Hooveristic
> > > character
> > > of the whole conglomeration.
> >
> > > From your side, maybe.
> >
> > I get royally pissed off by the continual "Sign up" nagging pop-ups
> > if I'm foolish enough to follow a posted link to a picture on flickr.
> >

> It's not just flickr. It seems to be a common characteristic for *ALL* web
> sites these days. Follow a posted link, get a nag screen from the site
> wanting you to subscribe.

I can sort of understand it for a newspaper site or something like that -
they're in the business of selling information, and they'd kind of like
to be paid for it.  But Flickr is in the business of selling hosting
for images, albums, etc. - their customer is, presumably, the photographer.
Trying to get a third party to pay for looking at their customer's images
seems to me to be acting against their customer's interests.