> On Apr 12, 2018, at 10:32 AM, P. J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Jack, I know you've decided to replace the body, but I did find a link to a
> Ricoh Pentax repair page. It's possible that the person you spoke with didn't
> actually know that Precision does actually repair Pentax cameras as they
> don't
> offer phone support for Pentax, only Nikon and Olympus. Sony and Pentax seem
>to be web only options, anyway here's the page in case anyone needs it.
>
> http://www.precisioncamera.com/ricoh/

Precision Camera does indeed offer Pentax repair service: I just got
my DA*16-50/2.8 back from them about five minutes ago (they fixed the
stuck zoom ring and gave it a general cleaning & lubrication).

When they phoned yesterday to tall my it was shipped I specifically
asked if they still do Pentax repairs (in case I was the last one!)
and they confirmed they do.

On another note... I sent the lens to them via the US Postal Service
and if you check their tracking web site (as of 5:00 p.m. US east
coast time) you see it hasn't even *arrived* at Precision Camera yet!
(https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9505513357978092220916)

>From this I conclude that either Precision Camera shipped the lens
back to me at faster-than-light speed... or the USPS tracking web site
sucks.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com