Well the pack I have _is_ brand new -- itis Polaroid Originals   I got it at BEST BUY..   8 exposures.

I wondered if it could be the rollers.. and whether I should try the q tip and alcohol..
that aluminum metal arm looks ok but maybe not.

If the camera worked I've seen it for $20 to $30 on ebay.   I'll try the q tip - but the minute I put the film pack in it groans, even before I close the door.
 Does that tell you anything more?