I received my new DFA 28-105 today, getting my first weather-sealed
full-frame lens in preparation for my upcoming adventure in Yorkshire,
Durham and Northumberland. I haven't given it a proper tryout yet -
just a few quick test shots to insure it doesn't suffer from any major
alignment/decentering issues. But I have to say the build quality
seems impressive for such a budget (by FF standards) lens. Focusing is
fast and virtually silent. And though I'd certainly like a faster lens
(f/5.6 at 105mm is a tad disappointing) the benefit in terms of size
is remarkable. It's surprisingly compact.

I hope to get in a few test photos tomorrow (not that the semester is
over).

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com