It is not a new thought. But I had to reiterate it in my mind this morning.
While eating breakfast, I had CBS news on, and they had an episode with the photographer Alexi Lubomirski who was photographing the newly-wed royal couple.

Among other things, they were discussing this photo:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/bazaar-brides/a20882655/royal-wedding-photographer-most-popular-official-picture/

It's a nice photo, but one thing I've noticed while watching TV was that the photo is tilted: the vertical lines are leaning to the write.
That reminded me of a popular photo-forum criticism: "the horizon is off!"
(see Rule #5 from the "Rules of a cool photographer":
http://komkon.org/~igor/coolphotog.html )

It's one of those things in art (any type of art) where you need to know the foundation rules, but it's fine to depart from them (or disregard) every so often.

As numerous examples show, while facial symmetry is considered to be attractive, many (most? all?) people widely accepted as "beautiful" have/had imperfections and facial asymmetries.

(See, e.g. http://www.youbeauty.com/beauty/face-symmetry-of-celebrities/ )

Cheers,

Igor