My questions are partially about relative merit of different cards and partly
about issues, if any, of mixing and matching.

Context:
        K-1 with 2 card slots
        Shooting with RAW (DNG) images going to the card in Slot 1, jpeg going
to card in Slot 2.

Three different generations of SDXC cards:
        SanDisk Extreme 90 MB/s
        Lexar Professional 633x 95 MB/s
        Lexar Professional 1000x 150 MB/s

In my simple mind, I believe that the three card types, in the order listed,
could be considered Fast, Faster, and Fastest.

Additional context:
        - I don’t shoot video
        - I seldom shoot a burst; when I do the setting is Single Shot, but
just triggering the shutter several times in sequence e.g. as a duck flies by.
        - When traveling,the jpeg files are downloaded to my iPad. That takes
awhile, but even if card speed has anything to do with it, a five minute vs ten
minute time to download would be of no consequence to me.
        - When at home, the RAW/DNG files are downloaded onto an internal
drive, copies to an external drive. I suspect that card speed is not a limiting
factor here, and again a few minutes difference is of no consequence.

Question: In theory, would I expect to see any difference in the behavior of
K-1-A loaded with the Fast cards vs. K-1-B loaded with the Fastest cards? E.g.,
if I do shoot a burst, will the buffer clear faster with a faster card?

Question: Is there any reason not to mix-and-match? I pretty much always have
cards with the same speed rating in both card slots, but I don’t know if I am
being a bit too compulsive…
        And I would guess that if I did mix them, that it would make sense (?)
for the faster card to be placed in the slot where the larger RAW files are
being written.

Thanks!

stan