When I got to the milonga (dance) last night, there weren't very many people there, so I decided to take a quick hike down to the waterfall with my camera. Of course I forgot just how steep the trail is. Fortunately, I did notice the poison oak early on and I think I managed to avoid it all.

I did manage to get a few decent shots, might even print up one or two of them. Here's a panorama looking upstream:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/42489745672/in/album-72157697584475845/
C&C appreciated as always

Here are two versions of a similar view

simple:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/41640360805/in/album-72157697584475845/
HDR:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/28668194968/in/album-72157697584475845/
Thoughts and feelings on the comparison between the two?

One of these days I'm going to learn that when I'm shooting panoramas, I really need to shoot much wider than I think I will, lest the corners get cropped.

Also, when shooting HDRs I'm going to need to learn to really make sure that my underexposed frame leaves plenty of latitude on the sky.

It was my first time using my new Tenba shootout 32l in the wild. It's definitely comfortable, and well made. One of the really nice things about that pack is the amount of gear that it can hold. One of the drawbacks seems to be how heavy it is holding all of that gear. I may need to start carrying a much smaller bag for hikes, just carrying the couple of lenses that I'll need.

--
Larry Colen           l...@red4est.com          http://red4est.com/lrc
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/collections/72157612824732477/