There were plenty of beaver and moose at Katmai when I visited, although I
did not see wolves.

The reason I preferred Katmai is that we got a lot closer to the wildlife
than at Denali.  We saw lots of bears at Denali, but always at a distance.
At Katmai, we could get as close to the fishing grizzlies as we dared.

Dan Matyola