"Something to do with cattle", I thought, because of bu-. It should have then
followed that -gloss = tongue, but it's too early in the morning for me to spot
that.

Anyway, it's apparently ox-tongue. Bu = bos, as in bovine, boeuf, beef; gloss
as in glossary.

>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/mxer/42102765704/in/photostream/