Since it became a State Park, there's now an entrance with off-road parking.

https://files.nc.gov/ncparks/maps-and-brochures/grandfather-mountain-park-map.pdf

It's on NC 105 just north of the little shopping center that has the McDonald's, Lowe's Foods and the ABC store.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Grandfather+Mountain+Profile+Trail+Parking+Lot/@36.1194801,-81.8348734,143m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8850ed08823bc4f3:0x9ad23bf0cc59f7de!8m2!3d36.1197766!4d-81.8349675

This was taken while the entrance was still under construction. It's now a nicely landscaped, paved road with a pretty sign.

ODD though ... I searched Flickr for "Grandfather Mountain State Park Entrance" hoping someone had posted a photo that included the new sign and none of the results have anything to do with North Carolina.

There's Mann Gulch and West LA and the Borderlands Estate in Massachusetts ... go figure.