When looking into a flash, I checked out the Metz and it hits all the important points except for the in body sensor, such as the Viv 285 uses or that's available on older Analog Pentax units like the 280t, it's P-TTL only, but that might not be important enough to care about, unless you intend to use it on an older film body or the *ist-D as well as a modern DSLR.

The manual power adjustment is missing 1/8 and 1/16 power settings but again might not be important to you since the Viv 285 skips at least one power setting and the 280T has only full and half settings.

In it's favor it's about half the price of the Pentax 360 at B&H right now and is more powerful.  The user interface looks less fiddly as well.

Metz has a reputation for very high quality flashes.