On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 09:08:25 -0400, Daniel J. Matyola <danmaty...@gmail.com> wrote:

That is also a great Macro lens.

I also have the SMC-A 50mm f2.8 macro, along with my FA 100 mm Macro F
2.8.  I have a couple of zooms that are labeled as "macros," but they are
no match for the prime macros.

Yeah, Ive got/had my fair share of zoom macros and youre right, they cant match dedicated prime macros for two reasons, too many elements, and not optimized for closeup magnifications. Although I have one, Pentax A 35-70 f4.0 which does macro at 70mm, it's shockingly good and focuses to about 1 foot. I like it so much
I often use it as a general purpose lens for ebay product shots.
jco

Dan Matyola