On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 03:35:57PM -0400, John Francis wrote:

> The USPS just dropped of a package from Canada containing
> the FA 50/f1.4 that Bill Robb offered for sale recently.
>
> It appears to be working ...
>
>     http://www.panix.com/~johnf/PDML/alex.jpg
>
> I'm going to have to get used to thinking about DOF again ...

Thanks to all who have commented.

I'm sure the new 50/f1.4 is a far better lens, but I'd never use
it enough to justify the cost.  I'm just glad that Bill decided to
upgrade his system, and parted with the old lens at a price that
garnered me nothing more than a resigned look from the household
accountant (and, nowadays, sole wage-earner).

Getting it has prompted me to actually pick up the camera again -
I realised that I didn't actually have pictures of most of our
cats. Expect a gallery soon ...