Why is it strange that an Irish-American parish school would have the
Vikings as a mascot?  Virtually every Irish city was founded by Vikings,
most notably Dublin, which is extremely proud of its Viking history.  Irish
with reddish hair are most likely in part descended from the Norse settlers
of the Isle.

The town next to mine celebrates St Rocco's day every year.  Each community
has its own special relationship to its heritage.

Dan Matyola