On 1/9/18, Larry Colen, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I've been nibbling away at photos to show at my party next week.  I just
>did a rework of one of my eclipse photos, including changing the color
>balance to bring some color into the corona.
>
>Does the color temp change work?  Any other suggestions for improvements?
>
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/29476843967/in/album-72157700832934925/

Interesting. I couldn't recall what the image was like originally, so looked in
your collections for it - and found it.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/36682020892/in/album-72157667959175619/>

What I would say is this. Yes the new image is quite a stunner with the colour
change - but, one thing you lose a bit is the contrast in colour on those
fantastic coronal ejections. I see they are accentuated even more with the
deeper oranges and reds, but they are nowhere near the contrast in the original
image.

Is there a half-way house to be had by giving the colour shift a bot less
strength so you keep the 'easter egg' surprise of those CMEs? I say easter egg
because it's such a stunning image on first viewing, but quickly the eye
reaches those ejections  and the detail and staggering nature of the size of
them (given that sun sun is 1 million miles across) is laid bare to see.

Beautiful image Larry, either way. Just my .02 :-)

Cheers

--

Cheers,
  Cotty