My intent is to hunker down here unless there is an urgent need to go help family/friends.

I've been through this a few times before. I have a pretty good idea where the flooding will be & I have routes planned out to avoid it if I do have to go out.

I've been in this house through five hurricanes* that affected the Triangle area. Only Fran did any major damage. I'm expecting wind & rain damage to my roof similar to what Fran did, and I expect the power to go out and not be restored for several days.