Thanks Ann, Bill, Larry, and P.J. for the kind comments.

To (briefly) answer Ann’s question, I’m pretty much fine. Spent the last year
and a half doing major renovation on the house I’ve been in for the last 25
years in preparation for selling it and moving a hundred or so miles away
(where my wife has lots of family and the housing costs are about half of what
they now are in the Santa Cruz area). And then doing another major renovation
on the house we bought. Finally coming out the other end and hopefully back to
photography again.