Ouch. Hurts to see it.

Leica can take some time to do service but generally speaking they do an
excellent job. I hope it doesn't cost too much to sort it out.

Good luck with the repairs!

—
Off-topic: On a probably silly impulse, and because I do have a pretty complete
set of Leica R lenses, I picked up a very very clean and pretty Leica R6.2 body
as companion to my Leicaflex SL. The R6.2 is the very last Leica R camera with
a mechanically timed shutter, made in the early '90s before they came out with
the R8. It arrived a few days ago and proves to be a very sweet, compact SLR
with beautiful build quality and excellent, subtle features. I loaded a roll of
film and made a couple of exposures with it—and all of a sudden felt like I was
back in the 1980s using my Nikon FM and FM2n.

Quite the time machine. :-) The only downside is wondering just how much use
it'll get at this point.
—

onwards,