Thank you both!

I've been using Flickr for a decade now, and had a "pro" account for most of
that. It works pretty darn well overall, I have no complaints. Their 'new' pro
account setup's new feature is really that the price has been doubled, but at
$50 a year for unlimited storage and whatever other plusses they add into the
mix, it's still pretty darn cheap to have a reliable imageserver that you can
easily link to or embed images from.

The biggest negative about Flickr is that you have no control over the photo
presentation layout, but, eh? If I'm really going to worry about that, I'll get
a Smugmug account or create my own portfolio website, like I did in the past.

(I routinely strip the EXIF data from most of my photos so it doesn't have much
to show unless I want it to. I think EXIF data is more commonly a distraction
than a plus when I'm trying to show photos, which is why I just strip it out.
What I want in my photo metadata is the IPTC data: keywords and other
annotations that I add in the rendering phase. I add 'tech info' to my photos
when I think of it and want to give the measurebators information to chew on.
Yeah, I'm weird that way. ;-)

—
No matter where you go, go there on a Guzzi.