Larry,

I suspect it is not what you are looking for, - but just in case:
A very sturdy "budget" tripod that I've used for many years is the original (aluminum!) Tiltall tripod. They are available on e-bay for various amounts, typically in the range of $30-100, but I see one right now at $25:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tiltall-Model-4602-Aluminum-Pro-Tripod/312302563889?epid=101639351&hash=item48b6aef231:g:UzcAAOSwVH5bnpMT:rk:1:pf:0

They require some time to set up (not a fast lock mechanism for the telescoping legs), and your hands would not be the cleanest after handling that aluminum. But they are capable of holding a DSLR with a heavy lens.
(Originally, I bought it for ZX-5n with Tokina ATX Pro 28-70/2.6-2.8 and
with Tamron 70-300, but then used with K7 and K5 with 50-135 and 60-250)

Reportedly, the later models (titanium?) Tiltall tripods are not as sturdy.

.... but it seems to me that we might have discussed Tiltall's with you on some occasion, long time ago.

HTH,

Igor