Dale H. Cook wrote on 11/26/18 3:33 PM:
At 05:44 PM 11/26/2018, John wrote:

Kroger pulled out of North Carolina a few months back & one of the stores they
closed was the one nearest my house that I had been shopping the last 30 years or
so.

Kroger is still going strong in Roanoke - since Harris Teeter left and the last
Winn Dixie closed (both some years ago) we pretty much have Kroger, Food Lion,
Walmart (they have a couple of Neighborhood Markets here in addition to the
Supercenters), and one Fresh Market.

When I traveled to the Northwet, I used to love shopping at Freddie's. I'd notice over the past couple of years that they just weren't as good as I remembered and recently discovered that Kroger's had bought Fred Meyer's. :-(

--
Larry Colen           l...@red4est.com          http://red4est.com/lrc
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/collections/72157612824732477/