Rick - I use L or M for most comfortable viewing on my screen  and when I send a link to the list. ... from the drop down  "fit" isn't a choice that is shown but "FILL" is...  We may have different levels of subscription - or you typoed fit :-)

I'm guessing fill or fit has to be in the control of the viewer and would differ depending on what hardware is being used.. but I dont' really know enough to
say that for certain.

This is how I see your Plaza shot most comfortably,

https://rickwomer.smugmug.com/Italy-11-2018/Rome-Walk-1/i-n7DFDwq/L
If I use "fill" the top of the frame butts into the edge of my tool bar -- I like to viewos with the black background all the way around and the images
with a couple of inches on each side at least...

But your files are all much smaller than mine to start with and there arent so many choices in the window.

The index page / landing page comes up exaxtly as mine do - filling the screen.

not usre this is much help

ann