https://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/profile/giant-african-snail

http://nyis.info/invasive_species/giant-african-land-snail/

On 12/11/2018 08:26:47, Alan C wrote:
Yes, but I wouldn't try it. Mind you, they would be quite filling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lissachatina_fulica

Alan C

On 11-Dec-18 02:57 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
Fascinating. Are the snails edible?

Paul

On Dec 11, 2018, at 4:31 AM, Alan C <c...@lantic.net> wrote:

There are several small herds of Nguni cattle roaming around Phalaborwa in search of grazing. The sound of clanging cow-bells in the night is actually quite restful. Fortunately no traffic accidents yet. I caught this group chewing the cud in the park behind my house this morning. Cattle Egrets in attendance too. As you can see from the stream, there has been some rain at last (49mm) in the last two days.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/46220573892/

Scroll L for a shot of a pair of Giant African Land Snails doing their thing.

K5 with the DA 18-55 WR. on a cooler grey day.

Alan C