I spent a couple of hours there on my first diagonale, from Dunkirk to
Perpignan along the Paris Meridian. I made a point of visiting Bergues, of
course because of the film, but the town square was cordoned off for roadworks
or something, and everywhere was busy with cars, probably tourists, so it
didn't look as nice as your photos. I did get a couple of decent shots of the
gateways though.

We recently watched the wonderful Ma Loute ('Slack Bay') by Bruno Dumont, set
an hour or so west of Bergues, just north of Boulogne. Do you know it? It looks
like a beautiful landscape on the film, and now I have to go there too.

Bob