Rick Womer wrote on 12/26/18 6:31 PM:
My computer problems once again under control, allow me to present a gallery of
photos from Amalfi, Italy. It is a remarkably vertical town.

https://rickwomer.smugmug.com/organize/Italy-11-2018/Amalfi

Very nice photos. Unlike many travelogue photo sets I can actually see why people might think that Amalfi is a beautiful place to visit.

As a side note, heretofore my association with Amalfi was the Mayor in some of the Cities in Flight novels by James Blish:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cities_in_Flight

It's been so long since I read them, that I completely forgot that the first one was set in 2013. Yet another case of that awkward feeling when I realize that another one of my favorite science fiction stories is now set in the past, which is only slightly less annoying than the fact that it's the 21st Century and I have still never owned a car that is capable of sustained flight. We will not discuss the incident when I demonstrated that a Ford Cortina is not capable of sustained flight.

--
Larry Colen           l...@red4est.com          http://red4est.com/lrc
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/collections/72157612824732477/