Property ownership...  If you don't believe in that, well that's a mighty nice camera you have there.  I think I'll just take it to use for myself.

It's been found that things owned in common become the shittiest things there are.  Maybe that's because people are just awful, but if you want something to be taken care of give someone or some group ownership.  It's a simple concept that works more often than it doesn't.