I hope the state of Hawaii is able to step up and take up the slack.

The National Seashore here in North Carolina is affected by the government shutdown and in addition to reports of people trashing the facilities, there have been several reports of people in 4WD vehicles driving out on sections of the beach that are normally closed to protect turtles & migratory birds.