Not B&W. The moon turned out naturally monochrome because I didn't catch any of the red in the earth's shadow.

Each of the moon images is loaded as a layer in Photoshop.

Each layer has a linked Levels adjustment layer, masked so that the Levels adjustment only applies to the moon in that layer. That gives me the visible portion of the moon at approximately the same brightness for each image.

It was the best I could do because none moon images has any shadow detail I could bring out.

Thanks to you, Bob & Igor for looking.