Am 25.03.19 um 20:54 schrieb Postmaster:

I have a fantastic genuine Belgian ale in the fridge that's
made with traditional malt, but with cherries added. Great stuff.
(more than 5.3% ABV, though!)

The same stuff without the cherries is sold under the brand name Mort
Subite (sudden death). :-)

It's a Lambic beer. I'm sure Thibault could tell you a lot more about it
if he were still around. A rather complicated process and the real stuff
can only come from around Brussels because the so-called spontaneous
fermentation needs a special variety of wild yeast only present in the
air of that region.

Here's the Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambic

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com