OH DUH!

Pentax K1, Sigma 300 f/2.8 + Sigma 1.4 tele-extender - effectivly 420mm f/4. Mostly shot at f/8 and F/11.

On 3/30/2019 22:07:57, John wrote:
As I noted earlier commenting on Jack's "Sac Wildlife Hawk", there is a Bald Eagle's nest at Shelley Lake here in Raleigh.

I finally figured out a way to get there that didn't require me to carry tripod & lens for a mile or more around the lake, so this evening I finally managed to drag my gear out there to photograph the nest.

There's one spot on the limb where the adults like to perch and it's easily visible from the greenway. According to a number of other photographers I talked to while I was out there, this is the second year the eagles have used this nest.

I made a small gallery in Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/albums/72157706283448271

I won't bore y'all with all 345 images I took, but I may have a few more later.

I didn't get any photos of the chicks, although I *did* see traces of one of them (wings stretched just above the rim). I'm thinking about trying to get back there tomorrow before sunrise to see if I can catch both adults together on that limb.