> On 24 April 2019 at 00:28 Brian W <bria...@lyons-ryan.org> wrote:
>

> > On 24 April 2019 at 02:39 mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > Missed this response at first.  Depending on your choice of coast, your
> > route
> > south from Ediburgh will take you within about 300 yards of me or 60 miles.
> >  The former means a chance of a fleeting meetup, that latter not.
>

> We're leaving Edinburgh on 28 May, heading to Kendal for 2 nights, then into
> Wales (Llandudno and Cardiff) before heading south to Exeter.

I would pass up the Lake District for Northumbria in a heartbeat; it has 1/10th
the mountain scenery but 1/100th the tourists.  If you must, I recommend the
A68/A69/M6 route to Kendal.  It's two sides of a triangle but the scenery is
much better.

There is a route directly south from Llandudno to Cardiff, through Snowdonia
and the Brecon Beacons, but be repared for it to take you closer to six hours
driving than whatever Google tells you.  The northern part will be infested
with grockles and the rest will have farm machinery moving on it.

Although you never know;  Dorset at Easter was deserted.