Thanks, Paul and Paul!

I guess there is a reason Jersey is the Garden State.  <G>

The reason I have prickly pear in my yard is that, along with daffodils,
they are the thing that the deer will not eat or otherwise disturb.  We
have large herds of white tails in this area, and they shelter in the
adjacent woods and travel through my yard on the way to the brook.  They
are quite tame, and eat just about everything.  The positive side is that
the fawns are cute as hell, and should put in an appearance in 2 to 4 weeks.

Dan Matyola