It depends on the jurisdiction. Yaquina River is in Oregon, so ...

https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/105.700

Technically, it should mean the landowner has registered his "No Trespassing" order for the land with the appropriate local government; usually a County Sheriff or the Fish, Game & Wildlife department (whoever hunting regulations in the state).

That's rarely actually done. It's just a generic "No Trespassing" sign you can get for a couple of $$ at the local feed store. The wording is archaic dating back to legal codes from colonial times.

More fundamentally, it's a legal notice that means you can't sue the landowner if you trespass on that rickety bridge, fall through and hurt yourself.