As I mentioned elsewhere, I rode with my boss and a client to a job site in LA, expecting the job to take today and tomorrow. With three of us, tools, and a bunch of plants to be delivered on the way down, I decided that prudence dictated that I leave my camera case with the bigma, K3 etc. at home. Besides, spending a day and a half working in downtown LA, planning on a long day today, I wasn't going to have any need/opportunity to use the long glass. I did, however, pack the 55-300, I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid. OK, I'm stupid too, but I'm not going to bet that hard that I won't have any need of a long lens. When we got back to the hotel today, there was quite a ruckus in some of the trees, what appeared to be a couple of parrots. While I was trying to photograph them, I also got some shots of an Oriole, a mocking bird, a sparrow, a gull. Not, mind you, very good shots, but I got enough shots that the birds could be ID'd, more or less, and I did get a couple of frames that didn't entirely suck.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/albums/72157708812903137

RJ says that what I thought was parrots was either a Mitered Parakeet or a Red-masked Parakeet.

On future trips, I guess I'll be better about bringing lenses that I know I won't need.