Thanks Dan.
I don't think there is a way to attract dragonflies and damselflies as these are carnivorous. I just sit still so they get used to my presence. There is always a period they land to rest or eat.

My main problem always (as with butterflies) is to have the right lens, either long tele or macro 90 mm. I'm now trying with a Caruba macro extender tube on the K1 with a 70-200 lens but this limits the maximum focus distance.

Henk