This is an unusual place: It does not have the traditional crucifix plan of a
cathedral, and the space is strangely divided: The chancel is behind a tall
iron fence (with just enough space between the pickets to admit my camera
lens); the choir is surrounded by high walls on four sides, with an iron gate
into the chancel side of the nave and no communication with the rest of the
space; there are five large altars scattered about (and about a dozen more in
small chapels); and the decoration is opulent beyond description..

I have seen photos showing the whole ceiling of the nave to give some idea of
the size of the place, but I couldn’t find a vantage point from which that odd
choir wasn’t an obstruction. I hope the gallery provides an idea of the size.

https://rickwomer.smugmug.com/Spain-2019/Toledo-Cathedral/

Comments appreciated!

Rick