I've been using a Pixma ix6520 which I believe is the model that your printer replaced.  Probably uses the same ink set just lacking wireless support.  Ink's can be expensive to put it mildly, but,  I haven't found an inexpensive printer that has better image longevity, using good quality paper.

I've been using it since my HP wide carriage printer died when it's print head jammed in the locked position and HP wanted nothing to do with repairing it.

None of the inexpensive 13x19 printers are cheap to feed, you can sometimes find bargains on paper, but ink, if you don't buy OEM, you're just asking for trouble in my experience, and the bulk ink systems that can bring the cost per picoliter into something resembling physical sanity, that are sometimes designed for more expensive "professional" printers just don't seem to be available for the less expensive printers, the last is especially true of Canon due to design considerations.

With careful image choice and preparation the results are good. It just takes practice, and a bit of work, to get the parts of the system that can be calibrated so that soft proofing is possible to work right.

I haven't found the longevity of the images all that bad either.  When displayed behind glass out of direct sunlight I've seen no noticeable degradation of any the images I've printed with it so far, some are several years old, (and Canon has claimed a 75 year lifespan, not much shorter than the 100 years claimed for their pigment ink printers),  Much better than supposedly archival images I printed with previous printers.

Honestly I don't know what inexpensive 13"x19" printer I could recommend that would be better.  I know that Canon now makes an 8 ink printer that sells for a bit under three times what I paid for the ix6520 that uses a couple of additional colors in addition to the CMYK dye inkset, and a grey cartridge for improved B&W printing, but you'll run into the same cost per print issues but with more inks.

The higher end printers are easier to calibrate, on some systems, but the price of the next real step up in the Canon line the Pixma Pro 100 using an 8 color pigment ink system, is about $500 though I think Amazon has it on sale now for $350.  You'll still be buying ink in cartridges and no OEM continuous ink supply system available.   I