Daniel J. Matyola wrote:

>Lovely colors, patterns and composition!
>
>Did you get any waterfalls for the July PUG?

Yep! Just uploaded one this morning.

>I hiked up there in my youth, particularly when I was in college and when I
>returned for the first couple of class reunions.  Dartmouth owns a major
>portion of the Appalachian Trail in HN, and the trail passes right through
>the campus.  If you are hiking the trail, you are entitled to a free lunch
>at the Hanover Inn.  But that is quite a bit south of where you were.

I can heartily recommend the Webster-Jackson Trail... as one to avoid.
We were just trying to get to the top of Mount Jackson (Lisa wants to
do all 48 of the over-4000-foot summits in NH) and this trail is the
worst either one of us has ever hiked. Continuously steep but also
wet, muddy, eroded and strewn with rocks and tree roots virtually
every step of the way. You have to continually watch every foot
placement to avoid injury. Miserable. Got a few good photos, though.