This goes beyond the original questions, - but I've never known about the principal differences in the printer head technologies between Epson on one end and Canon & HP on the other. Some PDMLers might find it interesting.

https://largeformatscanners.com/blog/4142/What-is-a-print-head-and-how-does-it-work-

I don't know if that difference is applicable to the printers segment we are discussing here or only to the wide-format (17"+ or 24"+) printers (also sometimes called "poster printers" or even "plotters").

Igor