On 8/7/2019 23:08:29, Ken Waller wrote:
Glad to hear John,

Does he have a name?

Yes. He does.

-----Original Message-----
From: John <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: August PUG is up!

Well, I now have a little dog.

His name is Prince and he's three years old. He just kind of fell into my lap
this afternoon.

I went to the animal shelter to see what they might have and there was a sign
out front saying they were *FULL* & if you were there to surrender a pet, please
reconsider or at least wait a few days before trying again.

They didn't really have anything but full grown pit bulls. I've nothing against
pit bulls, a friend of mine has one and she's the sweetest girl you've ever met
but too many of them have been mistreated to deliberately make them aggressive
and that's more than I can handle. I decided to check back with them another
day.

On the way out, I met a guy coming in to surrender a little black furry dog. He
said his daughter was going away to college, so she couldn't keep him and there
was no else at home who would take care of him. He didn't know what he was going
to do if the shelter couldn't take him. We exchanged names & phone numbers and
Prince came home with me.

He can call me if his daughter is inconsolable, and I may call him to find out
what time Prince expects to be fed in the morning. I've already been to the
store to buy food, a little harness for walkies and a bunch of the little bags
I'm going to need.

I had to go to a club meeting for a couple of hours this evening and he was kind
of excited when I got home ... didn't know who that strange man was, coming
through his new front door.

I gave him time to calm down before I approached him & then we went for a walk.
I think it will be good. Gives me a reason to do the exercise I've been
neglecting, and I won't be overdoing it keeping it gentle for him.

I'll give him a little time to settle in before I start "tormenting" him with
the camera, but photos will follow.