Here are some of my first video clips of my ruby-throated hummingbirds. They are pretty crude - although I sometimes ran studio video cameras back in the NTSC days that was 20 years ago, and shooting video with a K-70 is much different. For my next experiments I will probably use aperture priority for depth of field.

I have at least four hummers in my feeder. I had no adults this spring, but a few weeks ago I got two juvenile males and a juvenile female (based on behavior). About a week ago I got an adult male from a neighboring yard. The pecking order among the males appears to be juvenile #1, adult, juvenile #2.

Juvenile male #1 and the adult like perch above the feeder to chase out lesser males. The feeder is hung from a shepherd's crook that has a bird silhouette welded to its top. I call that "Bird On a Bird" with apologies to Leonard Cohen. The first clip has the adult perched there and apparently tasting the air with his tongue.

https://plymouthcolony.net/photos/temp/Bird On a Bird.avi

The second clip is about the birds and the bees - this juvenile has to keep moving to avoid a bee.

https://plymouthcolony.net/photos/temp/Bird and Bee.avi

When I play that one online VLC complains about a damaged index but will play it.

The third clip shows the adult male dining, then chasing out juvenile male #2 when he wants to eat.

https://plymouthcolony.net/photos/temp/Get Outta Here.avi

I can see that I have a long way to go before I start getting what I consider decent quality videos. I am saving up for some longer glass which should help.
--
Dale H. Cook, decades as 35mm SLR photographer, now
Pentax K-70 w/ Pentax-DA 18-270mm walking-around lens