By any standards, Iceland is in decent shape.  Unemployment is less than3%,
and Gross domestic product is $70,000 per capita.

Forbes:  Iceland's economy combines a capitalist structure and free-market
principles with an extensive welfare system. Except for a brief period
during the 2008 crisis, Iceland has in recent years achieved high growth,
low unemployment, and a remarkably even distribution of income. Iceland's
economy has been diversifying into manufacturing and service industries in
the last decade, particularly within the fields of tourism, software
production, and biotechnology."

Dan Matyola