This morning we took a drive to Sable Dam in the Kruger Park. It is now the peak of the dry season as the first image clearly shows. Scroll L for the other images. Next is a powerful pair of Buffalo Bulls slaking their thirst. There was a huge herd of Buffalos in the surrounding bush but very little for them to eat. Then a pair of Egyptian Geese. Left again for a Sociable Weaver's nest. They nest in large numbers in these communal nests which also serve as "restaurants" for some snake species. A lone Spoonbill was very active searching for tit-bits in the mud. Having received a tip off about some Lions on the edge of the main road, we decided to go and haveĀ  look. There was a big pile up of cars and one Lion was just departing as we arrived. We eventually wiggled the car into the prime spot for just long enough to get a couple of shots of the other.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/48611030393/

K5 with DA 18-55 (1st image), HD 55-300 (2nd & 3rd images) & Sigma 170-500 DG (last two images)