This was made with the MX-1, at ISO 800, in Montreal back in August:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jbuhler/49035747651/in/photostream/lightbox/

I think it shows why I like 1/1'7" sensor cameras so much: the small sensor
look. At 400 or even 800 ISO, the sensor noise looks a lot like Tri-X. This
is, of course, when shooting RAW. I find that the jpeg compression combined
with the sensor noise produces horrible results, maybe acceptable if you
use the image as-is but terrible if you do any amount of processing.

Compare with this frame from 2003, made with a Pentax MX and K35/3.5 lens
on Tri-X:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jbuhler/49035249738/in/photostream/lightbox/

Developed by some lab in Paris, scanned with a Polaroid scanner at 4000DPI
and resized to the same size of the MX-1 image. The digital image is a
little more noisy, but it's in the ball park. The MX-1 image was at 800
ISO, also.

I love how the MX-1 image is just as "gritty" as the film one. Current
APS-C or full frame 24MP and higher cameras make images that are too
"clean" and sterile. Granted, there's plenty of reasons to use them, like
very high ISO performance, speed, AF, etc. But I wish Ricoh made an MX-2,
with similar features and looks and a 20MP 1 inch sensor.

Juan Buhler - http://www.jbuhler.com